Chiropractic Care From Our Rancho Cucamonga Chiropractor
If you've always hesitated to try chiropractic care for what ails you, you're missing out on potentially life-changing improvements in your quality of life. Our Rancho Cucamonga chiropractor at Spinal Health Centers, Dr. Ferraro, uses this natural, non-surgical healing modality as part of his "whole person approach" to health, wellness and pain relief.
How does Chiropractic Treatment Work?
Chiropractic care is the targeted manipulation of joints that have lost their natural alignment, a condition known as subluxation that can throw your entire body off-balance, cause pain, and/or interfere with your range of motion. Our Rancho Cucamonga chiropractor applies high-velocity, low-amplitude force in a highly-controlled manner to shift joint components back into position. The first chiropractic adjustment was made in 1895 -- and it actually cured a patient's deafness.
Chiropractic Benefits and Conditions Treated
How does chiropractic benefit the body? By bringing your musculoskeletal system back into its proper alignment, we not only provide drug-free pain relief to joints and muscles; we also free impinged nerves and nerve roots, relieving neurological symptoms such as tingling, pain, numbness and muscular weakness. The improved nerve function also allows your entire body to function more normally. Chiropractic adjustment can treat:
- Neck pain - Chiropractic adjustment to the cervical spine can relieve chronic or acute neck pain.
- Headaches - Cervical imbalances that create neck muscle tension can also trigger headaches. Chiropractic adjustment can reduce headache frequency and severity.
- Low back pain - Personal injuries, weight gain, and degenerative conditions can contribute to low back pain as well as sciatica. Chiropractic adjustment to the lower spinal column can help you feel better without undergoing back surgery.
- Auto injuries - Chiropractic care offers natural pain relief for conditions such as whiplash and sciatica sustained in an auto accident injury.
- Work injuries - Constant, bending, twisting or stooping at work can cause joint alignment issues and muscular strain, while more acute injuries can leave you with debilitating pain and loss of function. Chiropractic treatment can help you return to your job more quickly and comfortably.
- Sports injuries - Sports injuries range from acute spinal injuries to chronic overuse injuries related to an unbalanced stance or gait. Chiropractic care can straighten posture and restore normal joint position.
- Degenerative conditions - Degenerative spinal issues or an untreated spinal misalignment can cause small but significant imbalances, resulting in chronic musculoskeletal pain and neurological symptoms. Chiropractic care relieves the stress on nerves and muscles while serving as a non-pharmaceutical chronic pain management tool.
Contact Our Chiropractor in Rancho Cucamonga Today
Can chiropractic care help you? Find out today by calling our chiropractor in Rancho Cucamonga at (909) 980-1985 for a consultation!
Chiropractic Care FAQs in Rancho Cucamonga
Maybe you've heard of chiropractic care but you aren't sure what it encompasses. Chiropractic care is a health discipline that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of neuromusculoskeletal conditions. This alternative form of medicine places a particular emphasis on physical therapy and adjustment of the spine. Below you can find the most frequently asked questions regarding chiropractic care.
What Conditions Does Chiropractic Care Cover?
Chiropractors can treat a wide range of health conditions, including back pain, neck pain, personal injury, disc degeneration, and sciatica. This field of medicine addresses any disorder that impacts the neuromusculoskeletal system, with a special emphasis on the spine. In addition the spine, the musculoskeletal system covers the muscles, bones, joints, tendons, cartilage, and any other connective tissue that provides support and stability.
What is a Chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a healthcare practitioner who works in this field of medicine. Just like any other healthcare provider, a chiropractor must undergo certain educational requirements in order to receive the right credentials. Take our chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Ferraro, who has been practicing medicine since 1996. Dr. Ferraro earned a licensure from the State of California and Doctor of Chiropractic degree from the Los Angeles College of Chiropractic. Once a doctor graduates from an accredited chiropractic college, he or she is able to practice chiropractic care in a safe manner.
What are Some Common Chiropractic Treatments?
Treatment plans include physical therapy, spinal manipulation, spinal decompression, massage therapy, acupuncture, lifestyle advice, and more. Chiropractic treatment methods are designed to alleviate a health condition in a safe, non-surgical way.
Is Chiropractic Treatment Safe?
Yes. Chiropractic care is usually drug-free and non-invasive. There aren't many health risks that patients face when undergoing chiropractic treatment. If you are worried about a particular treatment method, talk with your doctor about the potential risks that come with that method. Most doctors try to be accommodating to the patient's needs.
Can Children be Treated for Chiropractic Needs?
Yes. Just like adults, children experience injuries or disorders that affect the musculoskeletal system. Chiropractors are trained to adapt to the individual needs of each patient, including children.
Where Can I Find a Personal Injury Chiropractor in Rancho Cucamonga?
The Spinal Health Center is a quality chiropractic center serving the people of California. Our Rancho Cucamonga chiropractor would be happy to take you in as a client. The center treats a variety of conditions, from auto accident injuries to slipped spinal discs. We specialize in providing clients with massage therapy, acupuncture, nutrition, chiropractic care, spinal decompression, and personal injury treatment.
Call the Spinal Health Center today at (909) 980-1985 to ask about our services.